Thursday, January 29, 2015

Drawing on the T

Pen and ink drawings


















I sketch on the "T",  the MBTA  or Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Boston's excellent public transit system.  I draw people as unobtrusively as I can.  While I've never asked permission to draw anyone, I try to be respectful of everyone's privacy and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.  I bring along some business cards, so if somebody asks what I'm doing, I can hand out a card which explains that I'm an artist.  The comments I receive on my drawings in public are invariably enthusiastic and positive.  A frequent remark is "I didn't know anybody could still do that," which I think means "draw from life", which is reason enough for me to keep at it.  I love drawing the many faces of  the human comedy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment