Thursday, January 29, 2015

Airplane drawings

Pen and ink










For me, drawing pens, ink and paper are essential travel items.  I love to draw people in public places, so naturally I draw when I'm traveling.  The infinite variety of sizes, shapes, personalities, conditions and features of human beings is a constant source of inspiration.  An airplane can contain an amazing cross section of humanity, so it's a wonderful place to draw.  I don't like artificial looking poses; I prefer drawing subjects in natural positions because they are true.  I don't have to make anything up; there's plenty of drama in real life.  Passengers on an airplane invariably settle into very natural positions that will be comfortable for the long haul - reading, sleeping, talking, writing - all very human activities and excellent subjects for drawings.  And each tell its own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment