Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Drawing babies that don't look like Winston Churchill

I'm so excited!  I finally did some drawings of a baby that don't look like Winston Churchill! They also don't look exactly like my grandson, but hey - you can't have everything. At least he doesn't look like he needs a cigar.






I also did some other drawings of children using touches of white chalk and a watercolor pencil (Derwent Venetian red) so I can do some simple washes. To draw children, I do a sketch of the child from life, and then take a digital photo when the child gets too wiggly to pose anymore.  This can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.  If possible, I ask the child to pose again, but I try to keep my favorite models from getting burnt out.





Deborah Dendler website
Deborah Dendler Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment